We use our clients’ experience, stories and evidence to research and campaign for positive change both locally and nationally.
We can use this insight and data to do several things:
- To help us research issues further
- To influence decision makers to change policies and practices
- To campaign to get decision makers to change policies and practices.
We have been campaigning on a number of issues that are of concern to our service. Such as:
Big Energy Saving
In response to the issues with the energy market, Citizens Advice and the Energy Saving Trust are sharing information and advice to help people manage their energy bills this winter. Throughout this campaign we will deliver key energy advice to clients across England and Wales, helping them save money while keeping warm, and reassuring them that Citizens Advice is here to provide support in the coming months.
We have been visiting groups in the community to give talks, and given one to one advice from our offices to deliver energy advice to those who need it most – from what to do if your energy supplier goes bust to how to save money through using less energy.
Scams Awareness is all about creating a self-supporting network of confident, alert, consumers. People ready, willing and able to spot scams. Scams can be tackled if we take our time to spot the signs and share what we learn with others.
There are three things that you can do if you suspect that you are the target of a scam:
- GET advice from the Citizens Advice Consumer Service 03454 04 05 06. They can provide advice and pass details onto Trading Standards.
- REPORT scams or suspected scams to Action Fraud: 0300 123 2040 www.actionfraud.police.uk
- TELL a friend, neighbour or relative about any scams you become aware of.
Be scam aware!
Visit our campaign success stories page to find out more about our past campaign work.